This guest post is written by Allison Way, Think Big Partners. Check them out, read her awesome post, and if you’re near KC, go the event!
The smell of a new car, the crispness of a new dollar bill, the softness of a new pillow. We can’t deny it: we love newness. After all, having something new makes us feel like we’re creating a fresh start. So why not surround yourself with complete newness on April 13th?
We’re talking about Startup Weekend Kansas City; the opportunity for you to start fresh on a new business idea!
Startup Weekend is a global network of passionate leaders and entrepreneurs on a mission to inspire, educate and empower individuals, teams and communities. With this goal in mind, Startup Weekend puts together 54-hour events that focus on building a web or mobile application over the course of just one weekend. And it’s back this year for a fifth time in Kansas City on April 13, 2012.
Join Think Big for Startup Weekend at Union Station in Kansas City…and gain all the newness you want:
1. New partners and connections:Entrepreneurs. Developers. Designers. Marketers. Product managers. Startup enthusiasts. Tech guys. They’re all at Startup Weekend and they’re all anxious to meet you! Startup Weekend not only provides you with the opportunity to make your startup dream come true, but it also gives you the networking opportunity that you need in order to grow your rolodex of experts and learn what others have to offer.
2. New ideas: You may be a hard worker, but you don’t have quite the right ideas to launch a business of your own. That’s what Startup Weekend is for! Startup Weekend will open your mind to new ideas out in the world and put you on the cutting-edge of entrepreneurship in Kansas City
3. New strategies: Startup Weekend is more than just a chance to launch a business—it’s a chance to expand your mind! Startup Weekends are all about learning through the act of creating. This event allows you to step outside of your comfort zone and work on a new platform, learn a new program, or just try something different.
4. New perspectives: Local tech and startup leaders participate in Startup Weekends as mentors and judges. Get some one-on-one time and gain new, high-level perspectives with the movers and shakers in Kansas City at this event!
5. A new startup! After just 54 hours, you will have built and launched a new startup in Kansas City. How cool is that?
Register for Startup Weekend today. Stop sitting and start doing!! You never know what can happen when you Think Big at SUW.